Thursday, March 1, 2007

Fieldtrip to Mavrovo

A group of friends and co-workers when to a ski trip to the town of Mavrovo. This was the first time for two people in the group and only the second or third time for most of the rest of us. I have only been ski one other time before, and that was thirteen years ago! We rode up the ski lifts to the top of the mountain. It took about 5 minutes, but I enjoyed the ride. It was beautiful with all the new snow. We were literally skiing in the the clouds. My hair and Daniella's hair froze with all the moisture in the air. You can see the frost on Daniella's hair better, because her hair is so much darker than mine. It continued to snow during the morning. I fell down the mountain the first time down and lost my ski. I had to try and put it back on while on the slope. I did much better the rest of the day, but I did fall a few more times. It was so cloudy/foggy all day, that I went slowly down the mountain. I was afraid that I would run into someone because I couldn't see them. We were the only ones there that day besides the people who work there. We had the whole mountain to ourselves. I had a great time and enjoyed the fellowship time with everyone.

No comments: