Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I HATE job hunting!!!

Applying for jobs is never an easy task, especially for a teaching position. The endless questions, forms, and applications; they never seem to end. Each school had different questions they want to you answer. Then you have to wait, and many times you hear nothing back from the schools. Not even a thank you but no. I'm beginning to wonder if it will every end. Am I doomed to be a substitute for the rest of my life? Will I ever find favor in a school district and be hired? The schools I've worked in seem to like me a lot, but I can't seem to find a job. Why is that? Everyone says that you are wonderful, you do a good job, but no one want to hire you. I just getting more frustrated at time goes by. I have two years (including this one) to find a job or I lose my license to teach and then I'm stuck being a substitute. I don't mind substituting, but there is not consistency. I don't get to impact the lives of those students. I can't be that constant light for Jesus that is so desperately needed in our schools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear, I entirely sympathise. I hate job hunting so much, that is why I'm retraining in law next year.
History is wonderful but there are no jobs in it...