Tuesday, May 14, 2013

4 Weeks Left

well, only if I have Peanut right on my due date.

Peanut's the size of a honeydew (my favorite melon)

She's still in the 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up. Your once-poppy-seed would probably be able to breathe on her own if she was born right now. (If not, she’d probably need some TLC, but she’d likely be okay.) Most of her systems and her organs, such as her liver and kidneys, are in working order at 36 weeks.  Since baby really could decide to make his arrival any day now, try to put in a little prep work. For example, if you took a child birth class a few months ago, you might want to reread any materials you were given and practice some of the breathing techniques you learned with your partner. Go over your plan for getting to the hospital, and all the what-ifs (like, if you go into labor while you’re at work, will you go home first or straight there?).  Week 36 is also a good time to enjoy a date with your partner. We’re guessing you won’t be up for dancing, but a nice dinner might be just what you two could use.

Had a good time at my brother's wedding on Saturday.  Danced with the cutest guy in the room (Patrick).  He wouldn't come off the dance floor.  Michael and I had to take turns dancing with him.  I'm excited for the baby to come, mostly so I can sleep on my back again and get off the couch easier.  Plus I'm ready for the braxton hicks contractions to go away.  I get so uncomfortable and they seem to be increasing.  Maybe this is a sign peanut will come early.

No comments: