Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daycare Practice

Patrick and I did a dry run for daycare today. Since I have to go back to work next week, I wanted to practice dropping him off and trying to leave him there for a while without me. The other times we visited I stayed with him the whole time. Normally I let Patrick sleep as late as he wanted, usually around 7. Today I go up at 6, dressed, packed his things and then woke him up to eat. I was worried he would be tired and not eat or cry when I woke him up. He did great, no fussing and he eat well. We were over at Beth's by 7:10. I stayed and talked a while with Beth before leaving for a couple hours. Having only left Patrick alone with Michael for 3 hours I wasn't sure how he would do being left with Beth. Beth said he did very well and didn't fuss at all. I'm glad Patrick did well with our daycare practice today. I think I'll be the one cry on Monday when I go back to work.

2 comments:

Liz B said...

I think you might be right. :) I think just about everything in our children's lives affects mommy more.

Lorraine said...

I hope it goes well, Kimberly. I pray that God will give you peace.