Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Summer Classes

To renew my teacher's license I need to take 6 semester credits as well as an environmental class. One class that I want to take is 3 credits and offered over the summer for three weeks in July. This one class will cost me a little over $1,100. As a substitute teacher I have no idea when and if I will work during the month. Due to this, my income varies greatly month to month, so saving money can be a little difficult since I also have student loans to pay as well as car insurance. This evening I checked my savings balance and I have finally saved enough to take this class in July. I can't afford to drive to class every day and I can't afford a hotel for three weeks, so I still have more saving to do. But at least I can now afford to take the class, just not to eat or live during the three weeks. Could I live in my car? :)

No comments: