Thursday, August 21, 2008

Did I Miss My Plane?

I love to fly. I love just about everything about flying. I like take off, landing, and looking out the window to see the earth far below looking very small. What I don't like is the small seats and trying to catch connecting flights. On my flight out to Montana I flew to Denver and then on to Missoula. The flight to Denver was adventurous. I had the very last seat in the airplane, right next to the bathroom. The whole flight I was getting bumped by people using the bathroom. I couldn't recline my seat at all, forcing my self to sit in the uncomfortable upright position. The plane lands and I look at my ticket for my connecting flight. It leaves at 12. I then look at my watch and see the time in 11:40. Being at the very back of the plane, I was one of the very last people off the plane. If you have ever flown to Denver, you know that the airport is very long and your connecting flight is always at the opposite end of the terminal. I'm walking as fast as I can with out actually running to get to my terminal and on my plane. I make it there at 11:50 and I look around. No one is boarding the plane. I check the board to make sure I'm at the right place and that the flight is on time. Everything looks correct, but no one is boarding. I look around confused for a while and then it dawns on me. I'm in Denver, CO; it's an hour earlier! How blond can I be! I felt so stupid, I had a whole hour to wait until the plane took off. It's times like this that I wonder about my intellect.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey - no blond comments ok...last time I saw you, you were a brunette...
:)

No seriously, I'd have done the same thing - hope you're enjoying your trip.

eliora said...

I can only say: hahahahahahaha!!