Friday, February 11, 2011

Almost 4 weeks

Life has changed a lot in the past four weeks. My nights are now broken into feeding sessions and sleep. Napping is now the best thing I can think of doing! I usually sleep when Patrick does, which means the house isn't always the best looking. Laundry is pilling up, dishes have stack up, and don't even look at the floor. Thankfully Michael is a big help with everything when he is home. Michael's work was changed and that has put some extra strain on me which Patrick, I'm sure, picks up on. Michael now works 12 hour shifts at night, then comes home to sleep during the day. This does make it hard for Michael and Patrick to bond but I try to make sure Michael holds him and is able to bond with Patrick.

Breast feeding is going well overall. I'm glad to say that I don't have to use a breast shield anymore to help Patrick latch on to my flat nipple. Now I just need to toughen up that nipple, it's sore and will hurt when he latches on but the pain goes away once he starts to nurse. I'm a little concerned about when Patrick starts to get teeth since he already seems to "bite" me when he latches on. Patrick is eating well. I still have to wake him up every once in a while when he is eating, but normally he eats without any problems.

No comments: