Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Weeks

Patrick is two weeks old today and it's been a rough two weeks for our family. Michael went in for his year review at work to find out that they are switching his job for no reason other than "there needs to be a change." What does that mean? He has done everything they have asked him and more. He has done nothing wrong and is performing his job very well and yet they decided they need a change. He is now working 12 hour shifts and it's during the night. This means no more worship at church and he won't be at our parenting class for a couple weeks until he switches sides of the week. Michael is also then sleeping during the day. I only really get to spend time with Michael for about 2 hours after he wakes up and before he leaves for work. Stinky but we will have to make due until April when he switches back to days.

Patrick has been good over all. My biggest worry has been if he is eating enough. He only wants to eat every 3-4 hours and that is if I wake him up. Patrick would rather sleep than eat. We did have a rough day or two the day Michael had to go back to working the night shift. Patrick was so fussy and I was alone since Michael was at work. I couldn't seem to get him to calm down and when I did if I put him down, he would only sleep for 5-10 min and then start screaming again. I was at the end rope for a while and all I could do was cry. Yesterday Patrick was still fussy and I, again, broke down and cried. Here's to hoping today is better than the last two. We did get his pictures taken last week when Patrick was 8 days old.

No comments: