Sunday, March 13, 2011

8 weeks

Patrick is 8 weeks tomorrow and in a couple days, Thursday, he will be 2 months. He is getting bigger each day, just about out grew his bassinet already. I plan to transition him to his crib at night at the end of the month. He is also smiling a lot more now. Usually he will smile right after a nap when I'm changing his diaper or after eating. He is also cooing and making more noises, especially when he is starting to get tired. Patrick also laughed for the first time on Saturday in the afternoon. He was sleeping on my while I watched a movie. He started to giggle in his sleep. It was the best thing I've ever heard. Now I'm just waiting for him giggle while awake and playing with Michael or I.

Time is going fast and I've only got one more month until I go back to work. I'm kind of looking forward to heading back to work, but not looking forward to having to leave Patrick. Thankfully, one of the women, Beth Nill, from our small group at church is going to take him for the rest of the school year. They live right across the street from us making him very close to home. I still need to find someone to watch Patrick when school starts again this fall. I'd prefer to have him in a home daycare rather then a center. I just feel like he would get more attention in a home daycare.

No comments: