Tuesday, March 1, 2011

6 weeks

Patrick is six weeks old now. We've had our ups and downs during those six weeks, mostly ups. Patrick is growing like mad and enjoys sitting in his bouncy chair. We've tried the Bumbo, but he's still a little young for that. I do give him tummy time each day, usually only about 5 minutes then he fusses. He can hold is head up pretty well for a little while. He is
starting to stare at brightly colored objects and seems to be enthralled by the pictures above the couch when feeding. Patrick is learning to smile as well. He will smile when I talk to him and smile at him, but I'm not sure if it's a true social smile yet. He hasn't smiled at anyone else yet, but he hasn't been around a lot of other people. I tried to get a picture of him smiling at me. He will smile bigger than this, but I kept missing it. What do you think social smile?




This Sunday was Patrick's first time at church. He did well, and was a hit with many of the people there. It was good to be back in church and around other adults for an extended period of time. It was also his first time in a restaurant. My parents came to visit and we went to Applebee's for lunch.


Breast-feeding is going much better. We were having a lot of problems at the start. First, one nipple was flat, so I had to use a breast shield in order get him to latch on. We were able to wean off that and latch onto the breast only. This caused pain every time we nursed, but nothing seemed to help. Last week, I had developed a clogged duct. It hurt like crazy to even touch let alone have Patrick nurse. Thankfully, that cleared up by Sunday. I still have some pain on one side, but that has been a problem since I weaned him from the breast shield.

No comments: