Sunday, February 17, 2008

Quiet moments

Today is one of those days that always seem to come during the week when you have to go to work. Days that I don't want to do anything but curl up on the couch with a good book. I like to call them quiet minutes. Times when there is now where to go and nothing important to do. Quiet minutes seem to be few and far between in life, but one crept upon me today. The simple joy of watching the snow fall, covering the dingy gray road with the never ending uniformity of white. The brown tree trunks in contrast with the snowy world around it, the tree branches encased with ice and snow. Large downy flakes giving way to smaller ones, all with the same task at hand, to cover and hide the world while I watch in comfort inside doing one of my favorite things. Finishing one book, I begin another; escaping to a world not my own through the pages I turn between sips of hot chocolate. No TV, no talking, just music, hot chocolate, and a good book. Quiet moments never last long, maybe a half hour if your lucky. Soon others find you and then those quiet minutes are replaced by something else; different but just as good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.