Monday, February 27, 2012

Help I Can't Speak

As we've been house shopping I've discovered that I need an English lesson. There are certain words that I have a hard time spelling and so chose to use a different word in its place. The reason I have difficulty with these words is that I pronounce them wrong and therefore spell them the way that I pronounce them. This results in a lot of little red underlined words that frustrate me.

The one that started this whole thing: REALTOR. I don't pronounce the word as realtor, I pronounce the word as realator. I've taken to just to using the word agent instead. I had to ask Michael how to spell the word. This lead to a discussion about other words that I say wrong and can't spell.

Other words I do this with:

Album (I say alblum)
Chess (the game, I call it chest)
Supposedly (I say supposibly, thanks Rachel for that one)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You know me...always good for an English or spelling lesson!

LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

How do you say nuclear?? Nu-cle-ar or nucu-ler?