Sunday, June 9, 2013

What to Do During Nap

 My child will never cease to amaze me.  The things he will do to avoid a nap.

I put him down for his nap today and left him with Michael while I ran an errand and got my hair trimmed before Peanut comes.  As I'm leaving I see Patrick is looking out his open window at the neighbor kids.  My first thought is "I should go back and close the windows so Patrick doesn't spend his entire "nap" yelling out the window.  I keep going.

Fast forward about 1.5 hours.  I'm pulling up to the house and look up at Patrick's room.

His curtain is flapping in the wind outside the house.  He took the screen out; not pushed or ripped out but took it out.  There are two little levers that you can lift up and the screen will pop out intacted and undamaged.   This is what Patrick did.  Then I see this . . .


All his bedding and the books from the book shelf.  At least he didn't rip up the books first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're lucky he didn't climb out himself!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like Daddy needs to do a better job of checking on Sonny when he's in charge. This could've wound up very tragically. Patrick needs to understand that there are boundaries for EVERYONE! Glad he's okay.