Monday, March 12, 2012

ER Visit

Well, we made it almost 14 months before taking Patrick to the Emergency Room.

Patrick has recently learned how to remove the battery covers on some of the remotes. This has resulted in my finding him holding the batteries in his hands and sometimes finding him sucking on one of the batteries. I've been trying to break him of this and try to keep the remotes on the counter where it is less likely that he can get a hold of them.

This afternoon after nap Patrick was playing in the living room when he started to fuss and cry. I picked him up and calmed his down, changed his diaper, and set him down to play. It was at this point that I noticed the remote on the floor without the batteries. I could only find one of the batteries not matter how much I looked. My only thought after 15 minutes of looking for the battery was, What if Patrick swallowed it? He has had batteries in his mouth before.

To the ER for an x-ray. An hour later the x-ray showed nothing. We are home now but I still can't find that other battery. At least I know it isn't in Patrick.

No comments: