Tuesday, April 30, 2013

34 Weeks, 6 left to go!

Peanut's the size of a butternut squash!

At less than two months to go, baby weighs in at about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.   Your curious baby is listening in to your conversations at 34 weeks -- and might enjoy a lullaby or two -- so go ahead and sing to him. Some say that baby will recognize songs mom sings while he’s in the womb, and may even be more easily soothed by them if he’s used to them once he’s on the “outside.” At week 34, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space. (Ahh!) Of course, some babies don’t do this until the day they’re born, so we’re not making any guarantees. The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on your bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks.

Had my appointment yesterday.  Everything is right on track and Peanut's heart rate is usually right around 140, same as Patrick's.  Been loving the weather and enjoying time out side; raking the yard and cleaning it up.  So nice to have the kiddos outside to run, jump, and yell.  I feel like I still have alot to do before Peanut comes; but that is probably because I've got something going on each weekend until then.  This weekend my nephew is coming up and then we have a potluck after church on Sunday.  Next weekend is my brother's wedding.  I'll be almost 36 weeks, so it will probably be my last "long" trip away from home until Peanut comes.  The next weekend is my babyshower at church and then it is Memorial Day weekend.  I finally get a weekend off and then Peanut is due.  Should help make the time go fast though.

No comments: