Sunday, June 16, 2013

Introducing Colin Robert


Colin Robert was born on June 15, 2013 around 11:15 pm.  He weighed 7 lbs and 15 oz and is 20 inches long.  Lost of dark hair and brown eyes.  All natural labor, no drugs for pain or to keep things moving along.  Pictures will follow.

I was awaken around 5 am with contractions.  They continued all day with no real pattern or consistency to how long they were.  Only a little painful but not bad.  I ran some errands and even stopped by a baby shower for a friend that afternoon.  Watched a couple movies and did a some laundry.

My contractions started to become regular and consistent around 5 pm; about 1 minute long every 10 minutes of so.  Michael and I watched a movie while I continued to time my contractions.  We were told not to come to the hospital until the contractions 5 minutes apart, 1 minute long for 1 hour.  About 30 minutes before the movie ended we reached this criteria.  We finished the movie and headed to the hospital.  It was about 9 pm at this time.

Just getting up and moving made my contractions increase quickly.  We got to the hospital, checked in, and up to labor and delivery by 9:30.  They hooked me up and started some of the initial registration questions.  They checked me and I was at 6 almost 7 cm and 100% effaced by about 10 pm.  By the time they got my IV in for my antibodies I was already 8-9 cms.  Not time for drugs for me, which was fine since I didn’t want any.  I started pushing around 11 pm.  Two contractions and 6 pushes later, Colin Robert came into the world.  He had the normal newborn mewing cry instead of the high-pitched scream that Patrick had; I’m very grateful for that.  No tears and everything went great; much faster and easier than with Patrick.

Colin has had a little trouble keeping his temp up so he spend most of the night in the nursery.  He didn’t like his bath but loved having his hair combed.  He also holds his breath when he cries.

No comments: