Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

That year went way to fast and a new year looms before us. If people are correct we only have this year left, then that is it. Having Patrick made this years slipping bye even more pronounced I think. He's almost a year old now.

Our family saw many changes this year as well. First was Patrick's birth, then Michael's job change to shift work. I'd have to say this work change has been difficult for the family, but we've adapted and are making the best of it. I also lost my job due to the budget battle and I'm now a stay-at-home mom. I do have one child that I'm watching but could really use another.
Birth

Christmas, almost a year



We are looking forward to many new things this year. My sister is due in May with another cousin for Patrick. Michael and I are looking at possibly buying a home and moving to the FDL area. We will be much nearer to Michael's work which will save money on gas since it's about half the distance. FDL is also where his family lives and, I hope, I'll have a better chance of finding more children to watch since FDL is larger and we know more people. We are also planning a family vacation in August with Michael's parents and brother's family. We are going on a cruise! I've never been on a cruise before.

I revisited my New Years post from 2011 to see how I did. Not to bad, but obviously there were some things that I did do. I'd say my greatest disappointment is that I have been relaxed on my daily devotions and reading of my Bible. My goal is to do better this year.

No comments: