Tuesday, January 15, 2013

19 Weeks, almost half way


Peanut's the size of a mango!

At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, she's getting there!  Peanut is developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.  Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.

Feeling great and feeling the baby move.  Mostly just at night when I'm relaxing or going to bed.  My appointment isn't until next week and then we schedule my ultrasound so we can see Peanut.  I'm still hoping to get it in before my birthday but I'm not sure how busy they are.

Patrick's birthday is on Thursday and his party is this coming Saturday.  He knows it is coming and seems to be excited.  When we do calendar with the twins each morning we count how many day left until his birthday and it is on the calendar with a special date card.  He will point to it and say birthday.

No comments: