Tuesday, February 19, 2013

24 Weeks, 112 days to go


Peanut's the size of a cantaloupe!

At week 24, your baby's see-through skin is gradually becoming less translucent and is starting to look more opaque, like your own, but with the beauty of a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed. Plus, she's getting heavier and now weighs 12.7 to 20.8 ounces. She's 10.5- to 11.8 inches long now, too -- nearly an entire foot!There's a lot happening inside baby as well, and while her lungs have developed, they couldn't work outside of the womb yet. But the fact that her lungs are fully formed means that she's closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world!

Took my glucose test on Friday but haven't heard back yet about my results.  I did take my meter with and test on my own.  If the official Dr's tests come back the same as my meter I've failed and will have to take the 3 hour test.  Not much else is going on with me and Peanut right now.  Getting use to all the kicking and movement; especially at night when I'm laying down to go to sleep.  I don't remember Patrick being this active this early on, but his placenta was in the front and muted a lot of his movement.

No comments: