Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Revenge of the teachers

As I am walking down to the work room after school Mary Lynn, the teacher who might retire this year and I want her job, tells me to stand guard and keep "it" from running down the hall. She is armed with a broom. I'm not sure exactly what is going on until she moves a bin and a little mouse comes scurrying out from behind. I'm not exactly sure how I'm suppose to keep it from running down the hall, but luckily Mary Lynn takes that broom and beats the mouse about twenty times until it is left in a little heap twitching it's legs occasionally. By now there is a small crowd around the area and some are sad the mouse died while others, Mary Lynn, feel no sorrow for the little mouse. Having some pity for the little thing I ran into the workroom and use a sheet of paper to scoop up the mouse and deposit it in the garbage can outside. Mary Lynn wanted to just sweep the mouse out the door. So is the tragic end of the little mouse who ate the crackers in my desk. At least I hope it was that mouse, or there is more then one at school.

No comments: