Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Movie Memories

I love this time of year, especially getting to watch all the wonderful holiday specials.  They bring back a lot of memories of childhood and watching them on tv and then VHS.  My favorites were always the ones by Rankin and Bass, you all know them: Rudolph, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, The Year Without a Santa Clause and the like.  All the different versions of A Christmas Carol are fun to watch as well as the wonderful classics like It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.

My favorites were always The Year Without a Santa Clause and one that most people probably haven't heard about; The Life and Adventures of Santa Clause.  It's based on a book by L. Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz.  I've yet to find it on DVD or even shown to TV.  The only time I get to watch it is at my parents on the VHS we used the tape it off of TV about 30 years ago.  Today I'm watching them as Patrick is napping.  I hope he has fond memories of watching these shows as I do.

No comments: