Tuesday, December 4, 2012

13 Weeks


Peanut's the size of a peach!

Peanut's about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces, and -- proportion-wise -- her head's now about 1/3 the size of her body.  Peanut's forming vocal cords and teeth and even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints.  Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy.

Had my appointment yesterday.  Everything looks good.  I talked with my doctor about when to schedule the ultrasound (even though we are not finding out the sex) and my glucose test for Gestational Diabetes.  We also discussed a little bit about what my last labor; i.e. epidural and painkillers while in labor; and a little of what I want to do with this labor.

The best part was getting to finally hear Peanut's heart beat. The Dr has some trouble finding it at first.  She would hear kicking noises and figures Peanut was moving around a lot.  Finally found it after about 5-10 minutes; came in around 150 which is right in the middle of normal.

No comments: