Tuesday, March 5, 2013

26 Weeks, 98 days

Peanut's the size of a head of lettuce!

Baby is still growing in the 13.6 to 14.8-inch and 1.5 to 2.5-pound range, and while her eyes are still forming during week 26, they’ll open soon. Hello, baby! Her eyelashes have grown in, too, and she's getting her immune system ready for the outside world by getting antibodies from you. Plus, baby’s little lungs are starting to produce surfactant, the fatty substance that coats the inside lining of the lungs’ tiny air sacs, helping them to expand during breathing. And her skin has developed its color as well, because her body is now making melanin.

I'm doing well but seem to have more heartburn now.  I'll feel fine until about 1 hour after eating.  Old wives tales says that heartburn equals hair at birth.  I'm also starting feel uncomfortable when bending down to pick thing off the floor.  Guess it's time to start squatting.  I also bought a dress for my brother's wedding this May.  The only dress that would have room for baby isn't a maternity one and is starting to ride a little in the front.  I got this dress instead for the wedding.

No comments: