Thursday, July 28, 2011

Honeymoon

I've just finished scrapbooking pictures from our honeymoon last year. It brought back a lot of memories and I thought I would share my favorite pictures and memories that go with them.

#1 Pompeii
We took a day trip down to Pompeii and took a tour. It was a lot of fun and I loved seeing all the things that Mt. Vesuvius preserved. Very sad though to see the casts made of the people.

#2 Florence
Yet another day trip to Florence. I loved the overlook that we stopped at first. The city was beautiful and the church we visited was amazing. Decorated on the outside rather than the inside. Michelanglo's David was amazing also.


#3 Smart cars
Michael and I would count the number of Smart cars that would pass us as we waited for the bus. I think the highest we go was 30ish. This one was parked in front of our hotel each night.

#4 Biking around Rome
We rented bikes and explored Rome. I would highly recommend doing this to everyone. We put the maps away and just rode around and discovered different parts of the city. We would get the maps back out to figure out what we found and to get back.


#5 Ancient Rome
We took a walk around Rome and discovered a Protestant cemetery that is the grave of Keats and Shelly. I loved this angel on one of the tombs. We also took one day to visit the Colosseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill.

No comments: