Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
Kind of. Very few things are written in cursive anymore and it is almost becoming archaic. Teachers rarely require student to write in it, but I think they need to be able to read cursive writing. Maybe just teach them to read it and write their names it cursive, for signature purposes.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
Pocket calendar since I don't have a smart phone, but that may change soon. I get to update my phone this month.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
My computer, since it contains all most all my photos and important information, my wedding album, and my hope chest. It has a lot of family items in it like my grandfather's navy uniform, my grandmother's suit she wore at her wedding, and other similar items.

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Having been both, I think I would prefer to be a country mouse living close to a city. I would have the best of both worlds. Peace and quiet but close enough to go do things and buy anything I need. Kind of like my parents and sister-in-law. They both live in small town that are within 15-20 mins of a city.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
I liked "The Mole" from a few years back. One person was trying to sabotage the group and cause the group to lose money while everyone else tried to figure out who it was. You were kicked off if you received the lowest score on the quiz at the end of each episode that was about who the mole was. The person who got the highest score at the final won all the money earned by doing challenges.

No comments: