Saturday, November 5, 2011

Creative Play

While I'm still not sure about celebrating Halloween with Patrick, I do want to provide him with toys that will allow him to be creative. I tend to be of the mind set that children learn just as much from unstructured free play as from structured play and 'circle time.' Today I picked up two clearance Halloween costumes for him to use in pretend play. One is a doctors scrubs to go with the doctor kit we already have and the other is a knight like outfit. The outfits are way to big for him, but he will grow into them and for the price I paid it was worth it. I also picked up two plastic swords. About $40 worth of things for $9. He loved the swords.


Tomorrow I'm heading to my parents to pick up an old cabinet that was given to me for Christmas as a child. We used it to play house as a kitchen (this was before all the plastic kitchens that you find in stores now). I plan to fix it and paint it to make it look more like a little kitchen. Nothing major, just a mini make over; I'll post pictures when it is done.

No comments: