Monday, November 21, 2011

New Insurance = New Doctor :(

I'm having to find a new doctor for Patrick and my self. Kind of bummed since I like our doctor. Now that I am no longer employed as a teacher, the family has had to go on Michael's health insurance. This means that the doctor I have been seeing is not an In-Network doctor. We could keeping going to see him, but it will cost us a lot of money. Money we don't have. Now I'm looking things over to find a doctor that is covered under the best possible coverage they have. Our insurance covers in three different ways; QuadMed clinic/Preferred, In-Network, and Out-of-Network. I'm hoping to find someone in the preferred listing since the coverage is much better and will cost us a lot less.

I wish that our hospital was covered since it is right over the hill but it looks like I'll have to take Patrick to either Waupun or Fond Du Lac. St. Agnes is listed in the Tier One hospitals, that looks like our best choice. I'm thinking I would like to find a family doctor with OB, then we would both have the same doctor and I wouldn't have to go to a new doctor the next time I get pregnant. I would like to keep Patrick with his current doctor until his 1st birthday, but then I'd have to pay for one more round of vaccinations. The last one cost us over $400. Don't think we can afford that again. His next appointment isn't until January, so I have some time to choose a new doctor.

No comments: