Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Play Kitchen Project

On Sunday I stopped by my parents to pick up my old play hutch. I remember having to go into my Grandma Bonny's garage to open it on Christmas morning; I was maybe 4 or 5. I use to play house and use the hutch as a kitchen. It has been in my parent's basement for many years. My plan is to make the hutch into a kitchen for Patrick to play with. Here is a before picture of my old hutch looking exactly the same as when I was little.

First step, have my dad help me cut a hole in the top for a sink. After this help, I'm all on my own.

Second step, remove the scalloped top so it will fit under the counter hangover. I took off the doors and shortened one for an oven door. Then I removed the top shelf and used it to make a divider underneath for the oven and pantry area.

Third step, paint. I've decided to go with a "cafe" feel. I have a kitchen towel with a coffee cup that is red, brown, black, and cream. These are the colors I will be using to paint the kitchen. I'll also need to paint the knobs and other details.


Fourth step, attache the knobs for the doors and then reattach the doors. Finally, I added a blue bowl for the sink, two knobs for the hot and cold water, and a faucet of some sort. On the right side I added four knobs for the stove, and to the side a towel rack. Overall, I like how it turned out.



No comments: