Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let's Revisit New Years

It's almost the middle of the year and I'm looking back to the beginning of this year. So many things have changes since then. Patrick is 5 and 1/2 months now, my job was eliminated due to budget cuts in the state, Michael was moved back to shift work, and more. While looking back on the changes I looked up my wished and resolutions from a previous post. How are I doing on these? I'd say pretty good.

Wishes
1. Michael will get a raise.

Michael did get a small raise.
2. Michael will be able to start school this fall
Still a work in progress. An online school has been chosen and he is planning to start in September.
3. Patrick's birth/my labor will be easy with no complications
I don't know if you would consider it easy, Dr. Jones said on a scale of 1 being easy and 10 very hard, I was an 8. Labor was only 16 hours and the only complication was some tearing. Nothing serious.
4. We can get out of debt
Not likely to happen, but I can still hope. Anybody want to help and send us money?? :)

Resolutions
1. Set up a consistent time for family Bible reading time and devotions

FAIL! Not that I'm proud of that. This has become much harder due to Michael's work schedule. I do read the Toddler Bible with Patrick each night before he goes to sleep each night.
2. Write in this blog and my journal more consistently
Success! I'm doing much better don't you think.
3. Lose the baby weight I've put on after Patrick is born
Success! Due to my gestational diabetes I didn't gain that much weight was under my pre-pregnancy weight almost right away. I'm still flabby, so I need to work on that instead.
4. Spend more time with family and friends
I think I'm doing better with this. I try to get together when ever possible with my family and friends. Time to go! I'm meeting my friend/sister-in-law soon in Madison.

No comments: