Thursday, August 25, 2011

Home daycare

Today, Phoenix, the little boy I'll be watching part-time came for the day. He and his mom came by earlier in the week, but this was the first time with him alone. He did very well and so did Patrick. There will be some adjusting for both of them but they will do fine. Patrick tried to pull up on Phoenix a couple times and Phoenix wasn't too keen on that. Luckily I was there to detach Patrick, but I'll have to watch out for that. I think Patrick enjoyed having someone to follow around besides me. I did forget how much more interaction an almost 3 year old needs compared to a 7 month old. With Patrick I can put him on the floor and let him go and explore on his own. A 3 year old, not so much. There is much more of the "play with me" aspect. Patrick also didn't want to nap this morning, I think because there was someone new here. He just went down much later than normal, but the length of his nap didn't change much. Overall, I enjoyed today and think that Phoenix will do well here.

No comments: