Sunday, October 30, 2011

Night Out

Michael and I finally got a night out just the two of us. Ever since Patrick was born anytime we went out Patrick has always come with us. Michael and I were both very excited to get out of the house and hang around with other adults while Patrick was at home with a sitter. My friends daughter, Liz, came over and took care of Patrick for us.

The party was a costume party, so Michael and I dressed up as a couple. Michael was the Greek god Apollo and I was the nymph Daphne. Short story about who we were incase you don't remember your Greek Mythology. Apollo insulted Cupid(Eros) so for revenge, Cupid shot Apollo with an arrow to make him fall in love with the wood nymph Daphne. Daphne was shot with a lead arrow making her unable to return any love. Apollo would chase Daphne trying to catcher and maker her his wife. Daphne turned into a tree to avoid Apollo.

The party was a lot of fun. There were all kinds of dips and drinks. Our friend Hannah is due in February and she and her husband came as a nun and a priest. Our hosts dressed as a bubble bath and an old couple. Seeing everyones costumes as fun and interesting. We talked and then played games. Men vs Women of course. Each team one won game. We didn't get home until 1 am. I'll add more pictures as I get them.


No comments: