Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Family Tradition

It's a family tradition for member of the family to make a quilt for each new baby. The quilts have embroidered pictures that represent the family members. The quilt I received as a baby is safely tucked away in my hope chest. I've been working on the quilt for my nephew since before he was born. Originally my mother was helping, but then she had her accident and I've had to finish on my own. I've been busy with work and Patrick and haven't had a lot of time to work on it. I've only got one more picture to embroider. Once that is done I'll just need to quilt it. I had hoped to finish it for Jonathan's first birthday but now I plan to get it finished for Christmas. Then I'll start on the quilt for Patrick. I've been looking at pictures to embroider on Patrick quilt today. I think I'm going to do a Fisher-Price Little People theme for all the pictures. I've go quite a few already picked out, but I need to find one still for Chris, Peter, and my parents.

No comments: